Private child psychologist
- What is a private child psychologist?A private child psychologist is a qualified child psychologist offering services to the public. At KindleKids, every private child psychologist is an experienced clinical psychologist and a member of the British Psychological Society and the Health Professions Council. A clinical psychologist is a doctorate level clinician providing assessment and treatment of developmental or mental health issues. The assessment and treatment methods used by clinical psychologists are evidence based in scientifically validated research.
- How do I book an appointment?Prior to booking your appointment with a private child psychologist in our team, please contact us via e-mail or telephone to arrange a free telephone consultation to discuss whether we would be the appropriate service for your needs. We will return any calls or messages that we receive within 24 hours.
- How long will it take to be seen?One of our private child psychologists will aim to offer you an appointment; as soon as one becomes available. If we are not able to offer you an appointment immediately, we will let you know; so that you can make alternative arrangements.
- What should I expect in the first appointment?In the first appointment one of our psychologists will meet with you either with or without your child to get an understanding of your concerns and to assess how we can be of help. Your first meeting will usually be with with Leanne Cowan, Chartered Clinical Psychologist, who will talk to you about your concerns and try and understand the difficulties that you and your child are experiencing. Leanne will then work with you to develop a plan and make recommendations or offer advice for assessment, treatment, support or intervention that will most likely benefit you and your child. During the first session a plan will be agreed which may or may not include further work with Leanne or one of our other qualified staff.
- What should I expect in subsequent appointmentsYour private child psychologist will discuss this with you in detail during your first appointment.
- What are your fees?
At KindleKids, we would like to make the services of a private child psychologist as affordable as possible. In exceptional circumstances, we are able to offer appointments at reduced rates, so if you need this to be considered, please mention it when you call.
- Therapy, parent support and supervision are charged at a flat fee regardless of location.
- We have three basic assessment packages that are charged at different rates.
- Educational/Cognitive Assessment Package:
- Educational /Cognitive Assessment and Emotional /BehaviouralAssessment:
- Add on School observation and consultation with staff.
- It is possible to claim for some treatments through health insurance companies (subject to the individual policy).
- Please telephone or e-mail to obtain information on the current fee structure for training, consultation or children’s services assessments.
- Appointments not cancelled with 24 hours advance notice will be charged at full fee.
- Is this service confidential?All of our staff are qualified psychologists bound by the British Psychological Society’s code of ethics. We will only share information with your permission, except where client or other individual is believed to be at risk of harm. Should this be the case, we will always endeavour to discuss our concerns with you prior to sharing information with third parties.