Life Skills for Mental Health
Hi, I am Leanne Cowan, a Clinical Psychologist and founder of KindleKids Child Psychology.
We are currently in a mental health crisis and getting support for your child is becoming more and more difficult.
Due to the high demand for child psychologists and the difficulty accessing support for children and their families, I have developed a program focusing on the Psychology Of Wellbeing and Emotional Resilience (POWER). This program provides parents with practical strategies to equip children with essential life skills for managing emotions, developing confidence, and promoting general mental health and wellbeing.
This course is suitable for:
- Parents who want to teach their children essential life skills for promoting good mental health.
- Parents who are unable to obtain direct support and want access to practical tips for improving their connection to their children, and encouraging psychological wellbeing and emotional resilience.
- Parents whose children are on a waiting list for support, and need some practical strategies in the meanwhile.
- Parents who have a child in therapeutic support with us who want to learn some of the tools we use.
This program has been created based on my work as a clinical child psychologist working one to one with children, teens and their families over the past 20+ years. It is filled with practical strategies to help children (and their parents) think, behave and feel differently.
It is a live Zoom based program that is in the process of being recorded.
We cover the following:
- Essentials of regulating emotions, emotional wellbeing and connection
- Thinking about thinking – how our thoughts affect our wellbeing
- Understanding Stress and taming anxiety
- More strategies to understand and manage anxiety, including discussing sleep
- Unravelling and embracing anger
- Kindling confidence and building resilience
- Skills for successful socialising
- Understanding behaviour and embracing neurodiversity.
This program takes place over 8 weeks and each session is 45 minutes.
Monday Mornings June/July 2022 – SOLD OUT
Wednesday Evenings June/July 2022 – SOLD OUT
THIS COURSE WILL BE AVAILABLE ONLINE FROM AUGUST 2022
The fee for the full 8-week program is £180
Book today to equip your child with the foundations of positive mental health, the confidence to tackle everyday issues, and the resilience to manage life’s challenges.
What people are saying:
I have found this course really enlightening and I have been surprised at how much of it is applicable to my life and my family. I have learnt so much and feel that Leanne has a wonderful expertise in this field. By doing this course ( as opposed to taking my child to a therapist ) I am now able to offer support myself, model behaviour and improve communication with my children . I didn’t realise I could be so instrumental in helping my children with the difficulties they face, and I feel almost privileged to be sharing this journey with them now. Leanne has given me more confidence to be able to help my children manage their anxiety in a healthy way, and to ultimately encourage them to be the best that they can be. Thank you!
Claire (children 9 & 13)
The POWER course is packed with valuable insights, clever analogies and practical strategies for helping children cope with anxiety, anger and social challenges. In particular, the course helped me, as a parent, better understand my children. I connected with the gentle approaches for encouraging communication and optimism. Thank you! Nili (children 9 & 12)
The POWER course highlighted the vital elements underpinning emotional wellbeing and offered really useful strategies and techniques to bring about positive change. Leanne presents a comprehensive guide to understanding a child’s anxiety, underlining the fundamental role that parents play in both building a calmer environment and facilitating a more resilient mindset for children. A valuable resource for parents to retain, revisit and incorporate into the everyday care of children’s mental health. Naomi (children with ASD and ADHD aged 16 & 13)