Leanne Cowan- Child Psychologist
KindleKids was established by Leanne Cowan, a highly specialist Clinical Child Psychologist who has worked with adults, children and adolecents both within the NHS and privately.
Leanne has been qualified as a Clinical Psychologist for over 16 years, and she has worked extensively with adults as well as children, teenagers and their families providing psychological assessment and treatment for a broad range of difficulties. Until recently, she was working part time as a Clinical Child Psychologist in a specialist CAMHS (Child and adolescent Mental Health Service) team. Leanne is dedicated to understanding what gets in the way of people achieving their potential and providing appropriate treatment to address difficulties, mental health concerns, develop confidence and encourage a general sense of wellbeing. Leanne offers consultation to schools, Pupil Referral Units and Social Services, and supervises counsellors and other psychologists.
Leanne is registered as a Clinical Child Psychologist with a number of professional bodies and is:
- A chartered member of the British Psychological Society
- An Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society
- Registered with the Health and Care Professions Council.
- A member of the British Psychological Society Division of Clinical Psychology
- A member of the British Psychological Society Division of Educational and Child Psychology
- A member of the Association of Child Psychologists in Private Practice
- A member of the Dyslexia Institute Guild.